Thursday 26 September 2013

BigRock event httpx - Delhi

I almost forgot to write this blog. Heck, better late than never.

On 12th Sept I went to an event (httpx) hosted by BigRock at The Lalit, Delhi. The focus of the event was about web industry. Here are some details:

  • 8:00 am: Woke up early and boarded the metro train for Rajiv Chowk. Reached The Lalit after half an hour.


  • 9:00 am: Registered for the event. Got my participation identity card .



  • 10:00 am: Seated in the middle of the hall waiting for some good knowledge.

Mansingh Nepram at BigRock httpx Delhi

  • 10:15 am: The guys from ixigo.com, Rajnish Kumar and Ernesto Cohnen started the proceedings with their The Appy Hour presentation. As much as I want to say good things about them, I can't. For me they were bad, boring and their information were pretty useless. It almost seemed like both of them were the only people inside the hall and were talking to each other. One thing to take away from their presentation was "The browser is the new OS" . How true!

Rajnish Kumar and Ernest Cohnen

  • 11:00 am: Next was Amit Somain of Makemytrip. He spoke very well, engaged with the audience and made sure #httpx was just not another free event. Many in the audience liked their(MakeMytrip) approach to customer driven innovations. The 'AHA' moment of the day was when he disclosed about Video Testing Analytics from the backend.

Amit Somani Amit Somani -- Photo credit: BigRock

  • 12:00 am: Next was the Secrets of Online Marketing by Akanksha S and Abhinav of Google. Secrets? Yes, they were. Google Re-marketing was a new term for me. Hope to research and learn more about this in the near future.
Akansha S Google Akansha S -- Photo credit: BigRock

  • 1:00 pm: Lunch. By this time I was about to die. It's been long since I seated for a continuous 4 hrs. I did not have a good lunch as there was too much of waiting. I got to eat only 1 Roti after standing in a queue for half an hour.  To make matter worse it was followed by waiting of another 15 minutes for Ice-Cream. That's when I decided to leave the event and sleep peacefully back in my room.

  • 2:00 pm: Went to the main hall of The Lalit to take some rest. I was feeling very tired and sick. Left the event sensing something was wrong with my body.

  • 4:00 pm: Reached room. Heart's beating very fast. Leg's dead. Head ache. Fever. You named it I got it. Could it be Dengue?

UPDATEFinished all the regular check-up. Just viral fever and weakness. No Dengue. YaY!

Overall, the experience of BigRock event httpx, Delhi was really good. Couldn't blame BigRock for my unfortunate turn of events. I wish I was healthier and could have attended the rest of the program. It was really surprising to know there were many web designers and developers from Delhi and nearby regions. Hope to attend such kind of events in the future also.

Note: Thank You to all the speakers who took their time out and shared their knowledge.  Thank You BigRock, Verisign, The Lalit and other sponsors.

No comments:

Post a Comment